Thursday, December 4, 2014

Fed up with being annoyed. and fed up.

Its been weird coming back to Sweden after the Akaba tour. I generally feel a bit weird coming back. You have a short window when you have some kind of distance to everything you usually do. This has made me feel both really happy and slightly sullen.


Chernobyl 1985


There is a lot of things that Id like to get rid of. As a "member" in many bands I deal with everyday band things every day. And to be completely honest its wearing me down. Everything is friction. Everything is discussion. A lot of my energy is spent on doing other things rather than working with music.

Also People around me seem to think they know what Im supposed to do. A lot of people have suggestions. A classic one is that I should sell gear from the studio. Makes sense doesnt it.


Did a mix on the ...in these murky waters track Ophelia yesterday. A lot of fun. Im trying to pace the album now in a way to make it listenable. Not really sure on how Ill be releasing this. One possibility is to make a series of 7" singles. Would you buy one?

Anyways....tonight is the releaseparty for the Akaba album. Its at the studio you are very welcome to drop by if you are around. Three bands playing. Probably my last gig of the year.

A review of the Akaba album. They compare it to a cosy blanket which is just eerie because that was exactly was I was aiming for.

http://www.dt.se/noje/musik/dromskt-och-valproducerat

Now Playing:

I cant quit you baby - Led Zeppelin
This photograph is my proof - Paul Armfield

Now Reading:

No Logo - Naomi Klein
The Norm Chronicles - Stories and numbers about danger and death



1 comment:

  1. this article is really doing his job of giving relaxation through his music. i love to read this blog.
    Bartender Service in Dehradun

    ReplyDelete